The beauty supplements category is an underdeveloped category with great opportunities for growth. Innovation is critical to the success of products within this category, including use of novel beauty ingredients, formats and benefits. This Slide Show explores key considerations for product developers and brand owners looking to innovate within the beauty category including sustainability, sourcing and supply chain components and brand marketing.
This Slide Show features information excerpted from the “Science & Innovation Driving the Beauty Category” presentations at SupplySide West 2016. The speakers included:
- Chris Kilham, Medicine Hunter
- Angela Diesch, Gilbert Kelly Crowley & Jennett
- Pat Schneider, Healthy Bizz
Special thanks goes to BASF, the official education sponsor of SupplySide West 2016.
For related resources, click the following:
- SupplySide West Podcast 22: Counterfeit Products, Adulterated Ingredients in the Cosmetic Industry
- SupplySide West Podcast 20: Sustainably Sourcing Beauty, Cosmetic Ingredients
- Sustainability and Sourcing Conditions for Novel Beauty Ingredients