Per usual, The Natural Products INSIDER education track at SupplySide West will be filled with key insights from experts in the dietary supplement industry. Sponsored by BASF Live Newtrition™, topics will cover GMPs (good manufacturing practices), implications of the Food Safety Modernization act (FSMA), FDA compliance in the real world, nutrigenomics, the health care practitioner channel and much more.
On Tuesday, Oct. 7, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Wednesday, Oct. 8 at noon to 1, sessions include:
“Partnership as a Guiding Light to Investment in the Nutrition Industry" with Thomas Aarts, founder and principal, Nutrition Capital Network, which will have tips on strategic partnerships to grow your business.
- “Identifying Gaps in Your quality management system (QMS) to Maintain GMP Compliance" with Ken Peterson, director of development, quality and compliance consulting, MasterControl Inc., who will examine how to streamline quality systems and give managers the tools they need to successfully deal with quality processes while maintaining GMP (good manufacturing practice) compliance.
- “FDA Compliance in the 'Real' World: Cutting Through the Noise to what Really Matters" with Rick D. Quinn, Esq., principal, FDAImports.com LLC; and partner, Benjamin L. England & Associates LLC, to create a balance between legal requirements and the business side of operations.
- “The Hottest Trends in Health and Wellness: Not One Size Fits All with Steve French," managing partner, Natural Marketing Institute (NMI), to learn how brands can better market to Millennials, Gen X, Boomers and Matures.
- “The Dawn of Nutrigenomics: Using Nutrition to Maximize Genetic Potential" with Jay Udani, M.D., C.P.I., founder and CEO, Medicus Research LLC, on using nutrition—supplements, diet, healthy foods—to modify genetic potential without making drug/disease claims.
- “Trends in the Health Care Practitioner Channel" with Erik L. Goldman, editor, Holistic Primary Care, who will discuss the practitioner segment’s distinct nuances and challenges.
- “Ensuring Food Safety: Industry Challenges to Implementation of New Rules Resulting from FSMA" with Joy A. Joseph, president, Joys Quality Management Systems, which will describe the impact of FSMA-proposed rules on food and supplement GMPs.
- “The Three Macular Carotenoids: Complementary Functions of Lutein, RR-Zeaxanthin and Meso-Zeaxanthin" with James Stringham, Ph.D., research professor, University of Georgia, who will discuss the only three carotenoids found in the eye.
- “Clinical Trials for Today's Headlining Health Issues" with Malkanthi Evans, D.V.M., M.Sc., Ph.D., scientific director/CRS division, KGK Synergize Inc.; Todd A. Harrison, Esq., partner and chair – food and drug practice group, Venable LLP; and Claudia A. Lewis, Esq., partner, Venable LLP; to help understand the various regulatory obligations when marketing products and claims around the world.
Throughout the month of September, INSIDER will be posting preview articles with many of the speakers from this year’s SupplySide West education track, so be sure to check back to read those.
SupplySide West 2014 will be held at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas from Oct. 6 to 10. For more on the INSIDER education track at SupplySide and to register, visit SupplySideShow.com.