LITTLE ROCK, Ark.—Nourish America launched a relief effort to get nutrition foods and essential supplies to the victims of April’s tornados and storms in six southeastern states. Extensive damage was reported in Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama, with more than 35 people killed and many more injured. Nourish America is asking for cash and product donations from the natural products industry.
Nourish America has partnered with state leaders and emergency workers to assure that its relief items are received and used by disaster victims and emergency workers. These partners include the Honorable Asa Hutchison, former Undersecretary of Homeland Security and Arkansas gubernatorial candidate, as well as Alabama State Senator Linda Coleman and Robin Read, former CEO and president of the National Foundation for Women’s Legislators, as well as other community leaders.
Nourish America is looking for the following items to be donated:
- Cash Funds
- Bottled Water
- Protein and meal replacement bars, drinks and powders
- Energy drinks
- Shelf stable dairy products
- Shelf stable prepared foods
- Canned goods
- Ready to eat cereals and snacks
- Shelf stable juice
- Shelf stable baby food
- Multi-vitamins for children, adults and seniors
- Other supportive nutritional supplements
- Cleaning solutions
- Hand sanitation products
- Body and skin care products
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Flashlights and batteries
- Tampons and Sanitary Napkins
To donate physical products contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call (805) 794-3388, or visit the Nourish America website. Checks can be sent to: Nourish America, P.O. Box 1567, Morro Bay, CA 93443.