TREHA trehalose is a glucose disaccharide that is 38 percent as sweet as sucrose, and it can be used in everything from cooked proteins to bakery goods and snack items. It is manufactured by Hayashibara Co. Ltd., a Nagase Group company.
Some of trehalose’s benefits include:
· Improves softness and juiciness of cooked protein;
· Extends the shelf life of bread and baked goods;
· Improves glazes used on baked goods;
· Helps snacks maintain crispiness;
· Gives baked goods and some snacks a lighter texture.;
· Helps prevent the formation of ice crystals and freeze-thaw damage;
· Masks a wide range of unpleasant tastes and odors in beverages; and
· Helps vegetables and fruit juices retain their color.