Primex Hires New QA, R&D Managers
SIGLUFJORDUR, Iceland—Icelandic marine biotech company Primex announced two new hires, Gudny Helga Kristjansdottir and Hélène L. Lauzon, Ph.D.
Kristjansdottir is the company's new quality assurance manager. With a bachelor's degree in biotechnology, she previously worked in the company's lab for the past three years. Recently, Kristjansdottir worked in a collaborative research project between Primex and the University of Akureyri.
The company also hired Lauzon as director of research and development (R&D). Lauzon has more than 20 years of experience in fish microbiology, quality and safety research. She previous worked as project manager at Matis ehf, Icelandic food and biotech R&D. Lauzon holds degrees in food science and microbiology. Her doctoral thesis and research work studied the application of probiotics in aquaculture to increase fish and shellfish performance.
Primex, which manufacturers shrimp shell Chitosan, received The Icelandic Innovation Award for 2012.
- Researchers Find Banned Substances in Recalled Weight-Loss, Sports Supplements
- A&B Ingredients ~ Pisane B9
- Food Supplements Europe Introduces Tools to Assist Industry
- Emerging Opportunities in the Southeast Asia Nutraceuticals Market
- FTC Alleges Dietary Supplement Marketers Duped Consumers in Billing Scheme